You are an elementary school counselor and you just found out that the principal has created a task force within your school to help identify and develop strategies to close the achievement gap. You, the only school counselor in your school, were not approached about serving on this voluntary committee. How would you convince your principal that you could be of significant value as a member of the task force team? Be sure to describe and advocate for the following in your original posting:
- New vision roles of educator and counselor, and how these roles related to important others (e.g., teachers, the school psychologist, school social workers, school administrators).
- New vision-focused professional school counselor identity
- The ASCA Model and Standards
- Professional Organizations and advanced voluntary credentials
- What ethical issues need to be considered pertaining to Advocacy