The Effects of Modern Development on the Health of the Population
Building on the scenario in the Population Health and the Environment assignment, and the Health Risks, Manufacturing, and the Production of Energy assignment, you are now in the final stages of preparing for your presentation at the conference on environment health issues.
Create an 8–10 slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Examine the role of global organizations in managing environmental health issues. Determine two specific ethical concerns these organizations face in safeguarding the health of a global society. Support your analysis.
- Evaluate the primary negative effects of modern farming on population health. Provide two examples of best practices in the farming industry developed in the private sector to help reduce the health threats associated with industrialized farming. Justify your response.
- Identify the purpose of epidemiological research in the study of environmental health issues. Provide a specific example of how epidemiology has been used to manage a recent public health threat. Support your response.
- Select one environmental hazard that you think represents the most significant health risk to a specific population group. Propose a solution that an organization or industry could develop in the private sector to help eliminate or reduce this risk.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Be creative in your design so that is appealing to others.
- Ensure that all of the criteria are covered.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the shareholders in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional, technically written style to graphically convey the information.
- Include a reference slide. The reference slide is not included in the required presentation length.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a comprehensive presentation that highlights the critical elements of global health threats and solutions.