The Evolution of Crime in Chicago
Create a PowerPoint presentation about crime in Chicago and the evolution of the ethnic groups that were involved in crime, from western Europeans to southern/eastern Europeans to Hispanics, Asians, and African Americans. Relate this to social disorganization theory.
In your presentation:
- Highlight the concentric zone theory (model) of the Chicago school relative to crime rates and social, physical, and environmental influences. The zones depict the ecological structure of a city, depicting rings from the city center (CBD) and emanating outward to form zones characterized by different socioeconomic conditions, including areas of delinquency and crime (zones of transition).
- Select one ethnic or cultural group to highlight. Select one of the theories you have learned about so far in this course to analyze the evolution of this group.
- How does your selected theory explain the development and behavior of the group?
- How does it help you understand the group and its members?
- Why do you think the theory you selected is the best choice for understanding this group?
Review The Evolution of Crime in Chicago Scoring Guide to understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Submit your presentation as an attachment to the assignment area.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- APA format: Resources and citations must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of references: At least five academic sources, of which at least two should not be course materials.
- Length of presentation: 8–10 slides, including the title slide and reference slide.