You are the newly appointed director of the Agile County Airport System. The characteristics of your organization include:
- It is a Local Government Department
- Consists of 4 Airports – International, Mather, Executive, Franklin Field
- There are 400 employees at all four airports
- The airport board of directors has decided to move to an Agile Lean process for all projects.
You quickly recognize that you need to undertake a cultural transformation in order for the Agile Lean process to take hold. The current organization has the following culture characteristics:
- No Mission Statement
- No Sense of Direction
- Militaristic/Top-Down Leadership Model
- No Accountability
- No Communication
- Staff focused on Empire Building
- Organization Viewed Itself as Regulators
- Focused on catching people doing something wrong
- Publicly Belittled
- Focus on “Turf”
- Process Oriented
- Problem Oriented
- Growth Without a Long-Term Plan
- Employees Not Engaged
- Staff consists mostly of generalists
The board of directors has asked you to prepare an overview presentation for their next meeting on your ideas for a organizational culture transformation plan. To complete this assignment you are to design a 5 to 10 slide PowerPoint presentation with notes, that addresses the following key elements:
- What makes up organizational culture?
- What do you see as the benefits of a culture transformation
- What would your Culture Transformation Plan consist of? Describe the high level steps you would take to accomplish this transformation.
- What questions would you ask to help in defining a new culture?
- What characteristics would you envision the “new” organizational culture to exhibit? Develop a list based upon the current organizational culture