- Write a 650-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
- How is the word myth used in popular culture?
- For example, what does the statement, “It’s a myth” mean? In contrast, how is the word myth used in the academic context?
- After considering the definition in your readings and course materials, write a definition in your own words.
- What are the most common mythological themes across different cultures?
- Why do myths from different cultures around the world address such similar or universal themes? Do we see these same themes in today’s myths?
- Think about how myths explain the unknown and the tribulations of humankind.
Include citations and references throughout your paper. APA formatting is preferred but not required.