This is a 2-part IP designed to help you get started in Android Studio. Throughout the course, you will create mobile apps (using Java) that have common features, which will give you the building blocks necessary to build your own app, which you will turn in during Unit 5.
For this IP, you will create a basic “Hello World” app. Specifically, create an app using Android Studio that displays the following text on the GUI: “Welcome to CS310,” and includes an image. You may use any image appropriate to the welcome message. Build and launch the app in the Android emulator, take a screenshot of the running app, cut and paste the screenshot into a Word document.
- Deliverable is 1 screen shot.
For the second part of this IP, you will create an app using Android Studio that calculates a tip amount based on a total bill amount and percentage input by the user. Build and launch the app in the Android emulator, take a screenshot of the running app (which should show the total bill amount, the tip percentage, the tip amount, and the total amount of the bill with the tip), cut and paste the screenshot into the same Word document you created for the first part of this IP.
- Type your name at the top of the Word document and upload it to the portal under “Unit 1 IP.”
- The tip calculator app needs to show that the app works and that the math is correct for at least two different bill amounts.
- Deliverable for the tip calculator app is 2 screenshots.
- You may use your textbook and Internet resources as a reference in fulfilling this assignment.