The major obstacle in achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal-6 (Clean Water and Sanitation) is rural-urban spatial inequality in clean water and sanitation access in many parts of the world. This includes lack of investment, policy failure, inadequate infrastructure development and maintenance, as well as poor planning.
Students are required to discuss how lack of planning and investment has caused such rural-urban divide in a developing country (Asia or Sub-Saharan Africa) and how it impacted rural health and socio-economic development.
Suggested structure of the essay and allocation of marks for each section (xx) are as follows.
1. Introduction (5)
2. Background of this study and study location (7)
3. The reason for spatial inequality for the study location (6)
4. The role of government and other national institutions (7)
5. The impact on society in terms of social and economic development (10)
6. Other issues like climate change, war, and environmental pollution (10)
7. Remedial measures (10)
8. Conclusion (5)
Length of the essay: Title page + 6 typed pages to include Tables, Figures, references (journals and other open sources) and 2000 words. The maximum and the minimum word limits are 2200 and 1800, respectively. Students need to cite peer reviewed academic journals or reports as the main source of information. You are advised to add wordcount to your report.