Assignment: i-Human Case Study: Evaluating and Managing Cardiovascular Conditions
Because cardiovascular conditions are preventable and manageable, it is important that the advanced practice nurse use both their understanding of the cardiovascular system and the impact of patient factors and behaviors that might increase patient risk of such conditions. This critical information can guide you in immediately identifying signs and symptoms that can inform differential diagnoses and lead to identification of appropriate treatment options and a treatment plan.
Photo Credit: yodiyim – stock.adobe.com
For this Case Study Assignment, you will analyze an i-Human simulation case study about an adult patient with a cardiovascular condition. Based on the patient’s information, you will formulate a differential diagnosis, evaluate treatment options, and create an appropriate treatment plan for the patient.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat patients with cardiovascular conditions.
- Access i-Human from this week’s Learning Resources and review this week’s i-Human case study Fred O. MacIntyre V5 PC. Based on the provided patient information, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Develop a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies for patients with cardiovascular conditions.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
Complete and submit your Assignment in i-Human.