My Public Health Interest for a Grant Opportunity
As with any project that you undertake as a public health professional, identifying your personal interest and, sometimes, the professional requirement thrust upon you is the very first step in the grant or contract application process. Grants and contracts help fund public health objectives, and applying for grants or contracts has become a routine part of public health interventions today.
There may be many public health issues that you would like to tackle. This course provides you the opportunity to focus on one issue about which you feel strongly. You will use this issue throughout the course and write your public health grant/contract application in Week 5 for this selected issue.
Consider this issue and address the following:
- Write a grant or contract application that includes the following elements:
- Introduction to your chosen public health issue of interest
- Background or history of the problem
- An estimation of the strategic activities in which you might engage in the pre-proposal planning stage to address the problem
- A conclusion
- Write a 3–5-page paper in Word format.
- Cite all sources on a separate page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Include scholarly sources
NOTE: This is a cumulative course project, so week one’s topic (public health issue) should be the main focus throughout the following weeks (week 1 to week 5).