Week 6 – Capstone Project
The complete instructions for the Capstone Project can be found in Week Six of your online course or in the “Components of Course Evaluation” section of this guide.
Focus of the Capstone Project Paper:
You work for a consulting company that has been hired by a wealthy investor who is interested in buying a new business. This investor has asked your company to provide an analysis on the industry of this new business venture, along with recommendations for companies operating within the industry.
Select one industry (and at least two companies operating within that industry) for analysis. Address the following elements:
· Identify external environmental forces in the remote environment that are likely to impact the industry within the next three years.
· How will these changes likely impact the companies you have chosen for analysis?
· Analyze the chosen industry using one of the models presented in the following articles: “A Comparative Analysis of Strategies and Business Models of Nike, Inc. and Adidas Group with Special Reference to Competitive Advantage in the Context of a Dynamic and Competitive Environment” and “Business Model Innovation in Corporate Competitive Strategy.”
· Make at least two strategic choice recommendations for companies to successfully deal with the forces operating within the industry at the present time and in the near future.
Writing the Capstone Project Paper
· Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide. Papers less than eight pages in length and more than ten pages in length will have two (2) points deducted from the final score for each page under or each page over, exclusive of appendices, references, exhibits, etc.
· Must include a cover page that includes:
o Name of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
· Must use APA style as outlined in the approved style guide to document all sources.
Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide.