Final Paper Outline
The instructions for the Final Paper are written below. You are to read over these instructions and construct an outline for your final paper. This outline should address all sections that will be covered in your final paper and should be written according to the outline format detailed in the Ashford Writing Center. Your outline must be two double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Additionally, you must provide at least five scholarly resources and detail how you will use each source.
Final Paper Instructions
The 2010 BP Gulf oil spill presented a number of environmental ethics questions. Utilizing the information gained throughout the course as well as at least five scholarly resources, discuss the ethical concerns presented by BP’s actions. Your paper should directly address the following topics below:
· Describe the environmental challenge and the different interests (e.g., BP, local businesses, animals that rely upon habitat, etc.) who/that are affected by the BP oil spill.
· Identify and discuss relevant value systems.
· Address environmental justice issues.
· Present a persuasive argument that answers the following questions by using the concepts used in class:
– What could have been done?
– What should have been done?
– What would you have done?
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. 5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.