Post your thoughts and answers to the following: Take a look at a promotions campaign of an entertainment company like Disney (there are lots of others too) for an existing or upcoming movie or TV series or TV special show:
- Identify and describe the movie or series or show
- Who is the movie or series or show targeted to?
- What media are being used and attach or include examples? Comment on COVID-19 in terms of media. For example, you could say something like, normally, Disney has executed a lot of in person events and/or included invitations to watch premieres at a movie theater. But given the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney has heavily increased their Google Adwords and Social Media platforms.
- What is the message being sent via the media? Have they addressed anything related to COVID-19 in their message? (i.e. for every ticket purchased, we are donating 25% towards COVID-19 vaccine research trials.)
- What are the specific goals sought by the entertainment company?
- What would you do differently in the future?
- How has social media been used? How should it be used in the future?
- What recommendations would you make to the entertainment company as it relates to advertising and promotions and the movie or series or show?
Writing Mechanics & Submission Notes
Word Document Correct File Name: First Initial_Full Last Name_MKTU 440_OL1 WK 8_Title_Date
Example of Word Document Incorrect File Name:
Paper 1, My Paper, WK 1 or anything ambiguous and general. Incorrect files names
especially without your name, date and course number will be sent back to user for
Cover Page Included with your Name, Date, Course Number, Title of Paper
Page numbers need to be included
Estimate length: 3-5 pages not including cover page.