Chapter 8: Discussion
View the below video (Discovery: The Forensic Science Lab, September 30, 2017) and the NYT report.
Kaufman, A. (Writer), Johnson, M. & DeBellefeuille, S. (Directors). (2007). The forensic lab [Television series episode]. In N. Merola (Producer), What’s that about? Silver Spring, MD. Discovery Communications. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/liG5CX80a5M
(Kaufman et al., 2007)
Michels, S. (Producer). Roane, K. R. (Senior Producer). (2014, May 19). How DNA changed the world of forensics [Online documentary video]. The New York Times: Retro Report. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/nPVkooi8m9I
(Michels & Roane, 2014)
Go to the Internet and locate a criminal case in which DNA was used to solve the case.
(Provide the link for other students to view.)
Using key terms and concepts from the textbook chapter, the videos and your case answer the following questions:
- Briefly describe the case.
- How important was DNA analysis in this criminal investigation?
- Did the police do a good job in conducting the crime scene investigation, discovering the evidence? (Was it located in a non-obvious location.) Explain why or why not?
- How does this connect to your readings/videos?
- Write a short essay of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use key terms and concepts from the reading and the videos.Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- You should research the topic and cite your sources.