Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2014).
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
- Hutcherson, Carolyn M. (September 30, 2001). “Legal Considerations for Nurses Practicing in a Telehealth Setting”. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. Vol. 6 No. 3, Manuscript
- Doran, D., Haynes, B. R., Estabrooks, C., Kushniruk, A., Dubrowski, A., Bajnok, I., et al. (2012). The role of organizational context and individual nurse characteristics in explaining variation in use of information technologies in evidence-based practice. Implementation Science, 7, 122. DOI: 10.1186/1748-5908-7-122
- Nagel, D. A., Pomerleau, S. G., & Penner, J. L., (2013). Knowing, caring, and Telehealth technology: “Going the Distance” in nursing practice. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 31(2), 104-112.
- Kluge, E. H. (2011). Ethical and legal challenges for health telematics in a global world: Telehealth and the technological imperative. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 80(2), e1 – e5
- Explore/View the website(s) below:
Identify and discuss at least two potential ethical issues that could be of concern for nurses with telehealth delivered care.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.