In a 500- to 750-word document, address the following:
- Explain the phases and function of the query optimizer.
- Identify the tools to edit query optimizer strategies.
- Explain how performance of a database system is measured.
- Differentiate between response time and throughput.
- Explain how the physical design of a database influences performance tuning.
- Explain three ways queries can be altered to increase database performance.
- Present specific examples to illustrate how implementing each query alteration could optimize the database.