For this assignment, consider:
- The relationship between the U.S. Congress and the president
- The changes and challenges in the United States from the time of the Founding Fathers’ original vision until present day
Write a 350- to 525-word essay discussing the function of and relationship between the U.S. Congress and the president.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. In your essay you should include information about the following:
- Explain the U.S. Congress’ structure and makeup.
- Describe the differences between the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate.
- Describe how bills become laws.
- Define the powers granted to the U.S. Congress and the president in the U.S. Constitution.
- Explain the checks and balances of power between the U.S. Congress, the president, and the judiciary.
- Define the president’s role and responsibilities.
- Discuss the evolution of presidential power.
Include a reference list in APA format and cite references following APA citation standards to support your assignment. Do not use Wikipedia, Quora, Yahoo Questions or other crowdsourced websites as references.