You have recently been hired to teach a sixth grade inclusive classroom at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School. Your principal has asked you to write a 500-750 word letter to the parents of your students outlining your classroom management plan.
Within your letter, address the following:
- Evidence-based strategy you use within your classroom management plan that positively influences the behavior of students with disabilities .
- Classroom setting and how it promotes a safe, culturally responsive, and engaging learning environment through meaningful activities and social interactions for students with disabilities .
- Student behavioral expectations for success.
- Fostering respectful communication within the classroom environment.
- Considering GCU’s Integration of Faith and Work, honoring the dignity and diversity of all students and valuing the experiences of students .
- Description of individual or group contingency plan you may use, such as token economy.
- Working collaboratively with school personnel and parents/guardians to support the needs of the student.
- Methods you will use to communicate behavioral concerns with parents/guardians and how often you will use them.
Support your findings with 2-3 scholarly resources.