Threat modeling is the process used to identify security requirements by reviewing a diagram of the information technology architecture. The threat surface is the sum total of all the ways a threat can cross the boundary.
In this discussion post, you will use threat modeling to secure your residence.
Please respond to the following in a post of 150–200 words:
Address each of these threat modeling steps to secure your residential system:
- Step 1: Identify security objectives.
- Step 2: Identify assets and external dependencies.
- Step 3: Identify trust zones.
- Step 4: Identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Step 5: Document your threat model.