B. Glimcher Focuses on Internal Communication
1. Using the 10 commandments of good communication described in the chapter, assess Michael Glimcher’s communication with his employees.
2. What macrobarriers and microbarriers do you think might exist for Michael Glimcher in his communication with employees?
3. Is Glimcher’s approach to communication a type of formal organization communication or informal? Explain.
1. Describe the many roles of Zifty.com managers as discussed by Sarah Bellamy and Dylan Kight in the video.
2. How do employees at Zifty.com communicate with each other? Is communication formal or informal? Does information flow only from the top down—from owners to managers to drivers—or does it flow upward as well?
3. Give some examples of how Zifty.com has adapted to customer requests.