Johnston Smith, Associate Director of Sales as Pasedena HVAC Manufacturer, has asked you to calculate the cost of running HVAC units in summer and provide a report.
For this assignment, you will need the following files:
New blank Access database
You will save your files as:
- Open the HVAC_Cooling Excel file, and save the file as Lastname_Firstname_HVAC_Cooling.
- Insert the your name in the footer.
- In the worksheet, insert an Excel table with a header row.
- Add a calculated column that calculates the cost of cooling using $0.00124 per Cooling BTU formatted with the Accounting Number Format.
- Filter the data to display only one Heating BTU number of your choice.
- Apply Best Fit to all columns.
- Center the worksheet horizontally on a landscape page.
- In Access, create a new database and save it as Lastname_Firstname_Cooling_Costs
- Import your Lastname_Firstname_HVAC_Cooling Excel file.
- In the table, filter the data to show only data for the Cooling BTU greater than 60,000 and the Power unit of your choice.
- Create a report based on your results.
- Delete the four measurement fields following the Heating BTU field, and be sure the title fits on one line.
- Special Instructions: Use the Supporting Materials below to complete the project.
- Grading: Please review the rubrics for particulars.Grading RubricsPerformance LevelExemplaryAccomplishedDevelopingBeginningPointsPerformance ElementYou consistently applied the relevant skills.You mostly applied the relevant skills.You sometimes, but not always, applied the relevant skills.You rarely or never applied the relevant skills.
10/10Modify the 4E HVAC Cooling worksheet: insert a table, add a calculated column, and filter dataWorksheet table is crated, calculated column is added, and data is filtered accuratelyWorksheet table is crated, calculated column is added, and data is filtered, but there are two or fewer errorsWorksheet table is crated, calculated column is added, and data is filtered, but there are more than two errorsOne or more item was not completeExemplary 10
Points:Import the 4E HVAC Cooling worksheet to Access table, and filter tableTable is imported accurately, and filtering is applied accuratelyTable is imported accurately, and filtering is applied, but there are two or fewer errorsTable is imported accurately, and filtering is applied, but there are more than two errorsTable is not imported and/or filtering is not appliedExemplary 10
Points:Create a report based on the 4E HVAC Cooling tableReport is created accuratelyReport is created with two or fewer errorsReport is created with more than two errorsReport is not createdExemplary 10