Intellectual property law is a major issue facing organizations, and many organizations have been fined significant amounts for violations of intellectual property law. As an information security manager in an IT consulting company, your executive management team is concerned about the potential intellectual property violations in the organization. To address these concerns, they have asked you to develop an intellectual property policy to implement within the organization.
Develop a policy document in which you:
- Provide an overview of intellectual property law.
- Describe who the policy applies to.
- Create policy, standards, and guidelines concerning:
- Ownership of company material
- Develop intellectual property violation reporting procedures.
- Develop intellectual property infringement ramifications.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.