Initial Assumptions About Personality Development
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, carefully read
Be sure to cite all three sources in your paper.
According to the American Psychological Association (n.d.) web page Personality,
- Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. The study of personality focuses on two broad areas: One is understanding individual differences in particular personality characteristics, such as sociability or irritability. The other is understanding how the various parts of a person come together as a whole. (para. 1)
In this course, you will explore seven well-known models that explain the development of personality. You probably already have some ideas and opinions about how personalities develop based on your prior learning and life experiences. This first assignment is meant to provide a baseline of your thinking about personality that you can compare and contrast to the theories we will be studying. In this initial paper, address the following items:
- Explain your view of the impact of genetics and environment on the development of personality.
- Discuss how understanding personality theory can help you to be successful in your career.
- Describe the four tools used for assessing personality outlined in Section 1.5 of your text.
- Discuss how your personality developmental journey impacted these initial assumptions about personality development.
The Initial Assumptions About Personality Development paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted