Using Reports in the LMS
Once a course or training module is developed in an LMS, it is important to see how the students or instructors are using the system.
Every LMS has the ability to produce reports that help stakeholders manage, maintain, and improve the learning experience for students and the teaching experience for instructors. You are provided with some reports generated from a course in Blackboard. These reports can help indicate if you have any assets that are not engaging learners or if the anticipated timeframes to perform tasks are inaccurate. In addition, these reports help to create remediation for students and ensure that instructors are performing their jobs.
Click the links to view the reports:
You will need to analyze the reports and recommend changes to improve the LMS based on your analysis.
Write a 4–6-page paper in which you:
- Summarize your findings and analysis from the reports provided. Determine the main areas that engage students and the main areas that do not.
- Determine at least two areas that you would like to improve, if you had the authority to make changes to the LMS itself, in order to improve the course or the functionality of the LMS. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend at least two changes to the LMS that will enhance students’ learning and/or stakeholders’ managing experiences. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Suggest a targeted report that you wish the LMS could provide for either students or faculty in order to understand student progress, monitor activity, or other interactions with the LMS. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Provide at least three reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references (no more than one used previously), published within the last five years that support the paper’s claims.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate improvements to a LMS based on generated reports.