Required Textbook: Managing Criminal Justice Organizations: An Introduction to Theory and Practice, by Richard R.E. Kania and Richards P. Davis.
Chapter 4 Questions to be answered in APA format. No plagiarism.
1. Identify which criminal justices in your locality and state are elected.
2. Distinguish between first-order and second-order policy-making.
3. Discuss some of the traits that you consider to be very important in a criminal justice leader.
4. Discuss the skills you feel that a criminal justice leader should possess.
5. Identify four distinct managerial styles and compare them in terms of concern for subordinates and concern for maintaining control.
6. Compare and contrast scientific management and human relations approaches to leadership and management.
7. Discuss various models of contingency or situational management and leadership.
8. Identify incentives that can be used in criminal justice management.