High quality teaching requires educators to be able to articulate their process for developing lessons and identifying selected instructional activities. As teachers reflect on their teaching practices they become better at identifying and articulating their process for selecting instructional activities and communicating how they affected student learning.
For this assignment, create two data tracking charts using technology based on the data you collected on the targeted teaching activity implemented with your identified student.
One of the charts should be in a student-friendly format to be used with the student to discuss his or her progress. The other chart should be in a format that could be shared with colleagues for collaboration on identifying student needs.
In addition to your two charts, compose a 750-1,000 word reflective paper describing your targeted teaching activity and the process you underwent to develop it.
Your reflection should include:
- How and what data/information was used to identify the selected student.
- How and what data/information was used to select the identified learning objective.
- How and what data/information was used to develop the targeted learning activity.
- How data relevant to the targeted teaching plan was collected, organized, and analyzed.
- An explanation for data as a primary resource when developing instruction.
- How these assessment practices represent ethical and professional responsibilities around analyzing and reporting data in order to promote positive outcomes for the student.
- Describe how to share the plan with families and stakeholders to promote collaboration and partnerships.
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources.