Discuss the following in an essay format of at least 1,000 words and using at least three scholarly sources:
- When Paul advises believers about choosing between marriage and the single life, how much do you think his expectations that the parousia might be near affected his advice? Explain why/why not.
- How does Paul link Jesus’ resurrection to the Christian hope of an afterlife?
- Define what Paul means by righteousness, justification and faith. Why does Paul tell the Galatians especially (although he says the same thing in Romans) that circumcision is no longer necessary?
- What issue does Paul have to address in Philippians 3 that he already was forced to address in his letter to the Galatians? What is Paul’s mood during this part of his letter and what language does he use to indicate how he feels?
- What do we suspect that Onesimus did to get him in to trouble and why do we think that he finally ended up with Paul?